Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Song Lyrics

Hoping for better recordings soon!

Copyright 2009 Jillian Comrie

Communion Song
Jesus, how many the hearts, the hands, the souls,
Oh, my soul, blood has washed
And how many the cups your blood has filled
red reflections of the faces
But you know them each by name.
Christ's blood shed for you
Christ's body broken for you
Won't you come where love washes over?
Jesus, how many the pain, the tears, the shame,
All my shame, blood has washed
And on every face a story told
a pain they cannot carry
but you saw their every day.
Chorus
And ancient are the words that you spoke when you broke the bread and poured the wine
And wonderful was the day that you took our place, the day that you poured out your love.
Chorus

My Smile
How do you see, do you see my face?
You seem to think I'm angry, so you pray
And you sing and you cry with all of your might
And you use the words you've heard would merit my grace
But how do you see, do you see my face?
Child of mine, I've been looking on you
And waiting all the while for when your gaze might meet mine
And there upon you'd find my smile.
How do you see, do you see my face?
You seem to think I'm happy for the way you prayed
So what do you find replacing the frown
Do the lines curve up rather than down
Can't you see that my eyes have always been the same, I never change.
Chorus
I'm crying out for you to see the reason I died was to set you free.
Chorus

Broken Heart
I just want to look in your eyes, for you to look in mine
and somehow see the love I have for you,
Oh, for it to flow soft, soothing
to heal the pain I see in the windows of your broken soul.
But I can't carry, your load is too heavy
so I look away.
And now it's breaking my heart...
And why can't I love everyday?
And why can't I learn to love everyday?
Lord, would you mold my broken pieces into a window fine
that one could see the love I've found in you,
Oh, for it to shine warm, gentle
where was once my wall, etch colored pictures for your love to shine through.
For you won't despise my broken and contrite heart,
for your power is made perfect in all my thorns and shards.
So here's my broken, Jesus, my broken heart...
And, Lord, would you take these other broken heart I see?
And, Lord, would you also let your healing flow through me?
Just need to look in your eyes, my Jesus.

A Child Finds Rest
She cries out...is someone near?
I go to hold her close, she feels my breath upon her face
and it's enough.
So let it be with me,
just to know you're there
is enough.
A child finds rest from all her fears.
She falls asleep in my arms, does she know the love I feel?
It's vast and wide.
So let it be with me,
just to know your love
that's vast and wide.
My thoughts are troubled by all the wrong I've done.
What can I do, where can I go to find my peace?
But all my dead-end roads just lead me back to you.
So let it be with me,
just to find you there
is enough.
Come to me all you who are weary
and I will give you rest.
My soul finds rest in God alone
for He will daily bear our burdens.

My Grandpa
A loving father, you sang your cowboy song
while children hung on your every word.
You took my head in your hands and kissed me with such love.
I always knew I had a place with you.
My Cowboy Grandpa, you loved your horse and friend,
you loved the gentle, faithful power
beneath your worn, brown saddle out on blue mountains, 'neath the stars.
You loved the adventure you and your horse would find
As you would fly over tumbleweed hills,
Under the sky, where you praised
the God who shone through the smile on your sun-warmed face.
A Man after God's own heart, you knew a Savior's love,
His presence poured through your every day
in sunrise talks with Jesus, in sonnets written for your wife,
your love still growing after 50 years.
Even in sickness, your arms were not as strong,
but your faith a strong enduring rock.
You got back on that saddle, the world said you would never mount,
I'll always know I saw a miracle.
Chorus
And I know I'll miss you singin' thanks on Thanksgiving.
But I know that you're now in the arms of your Savior
and there's no better place to be.
And now you fly, over hills, where you praise.
And now you fly and ride and dance and laugh in open land and a city of joy,
through a sky resplendent with God's great light that shines,
through the smile on your sun-warmed face,
the smile in your eyes and on your sweet face,
through the smile on your sun-warmed face.

God Song
The rhythm, your rhythm, the rain, wind, waves...
I just don't know, don't know what to do, don't know where to go,
and I can't let go of the doubt that I went wrong.
But I'm really just afraid to lose you, to leave you, to hurt you,
and really I'm afraid I have, not sure of where I am.
What if I missed the one-way train speeding to your will?
What if I would be better off on another green hill?
Still I feel desire, strong and heavy, rise within me
for rest, for love, for peace, for what?
I thought I died to me.
Be still and lift your eyes, child.
Look around, for today you can know Me.
Consider the lilies I made to smile at you,
and for a moment they're your world.
Just breathe, just breathe.
For in you we live and move and have our being...
I feel the glow of sunshine pouring on my face,
soft and warm like a blanket on my skin.
Sweet and fragrant traces of memories drift by,
flavors melting on my tongue and my senses come alive.
I hear a song and its rhythms start to move me,
and suddenly my arms are reaching and my feet have found the steps.
Chorus
Today, I know you're better than anything that I have seen,
you have filled my eyes with colors bright and beauty all around me.
Today I know you're better than anything that I have seen,
you have filled my ears with melodies that never stop astounding.
The song, your song, it's all around me.
Every smile, every breath, every sky.

Ocean of Grace
Wasted, my time and wasted myself,
thought I could be strong and make something of these two strong hands.
You were my friend, I thought I could be there for you
even when the day was grey.
But now the carpet where I knelt for pardon is worn thin
and I wonder if even a wooden cross could bear one more tearful confession.
But I find you here at the end of myself,
waiting for me all along at the banks of the ocean
of your grace for my weakness,
and all I thought I had to give you,
I count it all as loss.
I'm so thirsty for refreshing, I could stumble to the sea,
and when I reached it drink the ocean.
Would you fill me up again?
But I'd will it to fill my lungs instead, if I could just get a breath,
of something sweeter than I've found here.
Would you fill me up at last?
I gaze out, this lonely stretch of sand.
Water grey is all I see, mingling with the cold, grey sky.
Rocking, turmoiled, mighty crashes harsh against my ringing ears,
my soul seems to break upon the sand.
But now forever sky is changing purple, gold, soft upon this
ever-dancing, mirror canvas, and I am speechless.
Chorus

Deliverance
He sways...or is it a stagger?
The little boy, can at his feet on the cobblestone curb,
His eyes, far away, clouded with hazy blue
A child with a look of such heaviness and sorrow,
Oh God...his smile...gone.
I'll never forget that face.
Surround us Lord with songs of deliverance
Redeem us Lord
A face in a magazine...is it that same tourist paradise?
An innocent one,
but he don't want to know, he don't want to see, he don't want to feel
so he watches his mind go,
he waits till his thoughts go,
he sniffs so he won't know the pain.
Chorus
Even you, in the land of the free, lost yourself to the same
You were innocent then
God, where was I when you gave your soul away?
And those who you call your friends made you fall,
they led you to bondage and pain.
Chorus
But, God, You are big enough
Jesus, You are strong enough
even for this, even for this.
Chorus

Trees
Lying here, watching leaves shudder,
I hear them chatter and clap their hands.
Looking up, just like the trees,
watching their always worship dance, stretching arms to the heavens.
And I think of You.
Imagining who they really are...
One a slender, young maiden, bursting with joy to be alive
and share her color with the world.
One a tender, strong mother with a heart large as she,
her branches strong to so many sparrows.
One a wise, old man, closer to the heavens,
he waits to be made new.
I feel your breath, but, Lord, I didn't know
that you were here all along,
Watching light pour through the leaves,
dappling our faces as you hold me so close.
And I think of You.
Remembering who You really are...
That the kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed
that grew to become a mighty tree.
That You are the vine and we are the branches,
that it was by a tree sin entered the world, and on another it was conquered,
and in the end, your trees leaves will heal us.
And I know it's You.