Friday, July 27, 2012
July News/R.I.P.
I recently did a song contest on Ecuadorian TV! I hope you enjoy listening...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edEBnh3RN9w
R.I.P.
I came to thank my God
I finally found my peace
and it's a peace that I can rest in
A shouldered cross I take up this new day
my kneeling prayer this bright morning
I sing my joyful elegy
it's a peace that I can rest in
And I saw my spiritual shame depart from me in the form of a rugged execution tree
your shouldered cross, my penalty,
Oh my Savior, I'll never be the same again
For I was lost
selfish desire my maze, my mirrored cage
storing up heaven on earth
forgetting death will come first
my soul to rise again, oh, I'm born again
Oh weak and hungry man
my God has heard your justice cry
has reached the ear, the ear of the Lord Almighty
the ear of the Lord Almighty
it's a cross that I will walk with and a hope a that you can trust in
My cross a love that will swallow my blinding shame
I don't carry the monstrous weight of my pain
but spread scarred hands wide this love to proclaim
my salvation
and nothing looks the same from this view upon my cross
For I was known by a Father,
his clay, his masterpiece
and for the very first time I, too, see daughters and sons
this love is born in me
and my world explodes inside
I came to thank my God
I finally found my peace
and it's a peace that I can rest in.

