Here's a video of our musical, Destino:
And here's a song I've been working on lately:
Open Hands
I wear the hours and minutes like too-tight shoes,
waiting for the day I'll shed this brittle shell
of sunrises and moons and I'll fly away.
Someday, I'll be free!
No hurry, no haste, no hesitation,
just abide where you are, in the essential things.
Live outside all these numbers trying to limit love:
the only debt that remains.
Love's the only debt that remains.
'Cause it's only money and it's only time
and they're just slipping away.
They're just drifting away
and all that I can do is pray for open hands.
Free from this slavery of lack and need,
won't need no redistribution when we're overflowing!
In that place, we'll have just the right amount:
life abundantly.
You give life abundantly!
Mercies renewed in the rhythm of rest:
dependence, worship, and humility.
So, I’ll wait the hours and minutes, yesterdays and tomorrows,
looking to that day the clock will stop tick-tockin’
and sunrises and moons will all pass away.
I’ll fly to glory!

