Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Father's Heart

Little sister, how can I begin?
Words fall short in the face of the hell you've been in
Maybe I could let you cry on my shoulder
Is it too late, can you let love in?

They say some men were made for nothin good
I'll never understand...things done no man ever should.
So many questions remain,
and God knows we're all broken
I just wish you could see you in a Maker's eyes.

Maybe you'd see what I see
beauty beyond compare
before the world was a twinkle in His eye
He saw you there

And you can fall in his arms
I know you've never had a place to land before
but He holds your every tear in his hand
and I've never found a place so pure
as that embrace
His embrace, a father, singing over you

Little daughter, I see you walkin in the room
Shame-faced, down-cast but all eyes are on you
their stares cut through you, but you fall at my feet
your tears to wash them clean, a fragrant offering.

Did you know my tears fall down, too?
your soul to clean
whiter than the snow

You can fall in my arms
I know you've never had a place to land before
but I hold your every tear in the palm of my hand
and you'll never find a place so safe
as my embrace

She hears a lullaby, it sounds like a love song

Chorus

I stand amazed, never felt so pure, in your arms, so close
here I'll stay with my father, pour my love out on you

Chorus

A father singin' over you